A Time to Remember

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz
I love the fall...the beautiful leaves, the crisp cool air, the delicious smells, and the memories that seem to swirl around me during this time of year. My Nana's birthday was today. She passed away almost two years ago, yet I felt her spirit embrace me from the moment I woke up this morning. She loved the autumn leaves, the deep purples & the bright reds. She loved to listen to the sweet morning songs of the birds who resided outside her window. I remember the little things that she noticed as the weather turned cooler...and today, maybe for the first time, I noticed them too. I took the time to enjoy the golden serenity of this evenings sunset, and the silly crunching sound of the leaves under my feet as I walked around our village tonight (I might have joyfully kicked a few piles too!!). I laughed as two colorful pheasants scrambled across the street, trying to find refuge in the too tall grass. I treasured the soft smell of smoke coming from chimneys, and imagined families cuddled up together, safe and warm inside their homes. My heart ached to share these things with her. As I sit here now, I remember her...her unconditional love, her goodness, and the simple things that she cherished. She was loved, and she is missed...and I really like to remember.

0 comments: