Happy Veteran's Day!!!
When I was younger, I just thought of Veteran's Day as an extra day-off from school in November. It was always just a bonus since we knew the Thanksgiving holiday would be coming up shortly thereafter! I never really gave much thought to what it meant, or took the time to celebrate it for what it is...a day to honor those who have served. Now that I am a military wife, today seems to be a little more poignant. Did you know that there are 24.9 million military veterans living in America today? (I didn't, I had to look it up!) But isn't that number amazing? That so many men & women have fought for our Great Nation so that she can be greater still, is absolutely incredible. And it's not about politics (Ha! Me, politics?!) No, it's about sacrifice, dedication, honor, & integrity. It is about doing something for the greater good, it's about believing in your heart that our freedom is worth something, and it's about doing whatever it takes to protect your home, your family, and your country. Today is a day to celebrate those people who gave, and continue to give, of themselves for something bigger...whether it be in Europe for Armistice Day, England for Rememberance Day, or America for Veteran's Day. So make sure that you hug a veteran today...for they truly, truly deserve one!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment