Tulip Festival & Other Fun Stuff


I love birthdays!  It really doesn't matter who's having the birthday, as long as I can celebrate with them, I'm happy!  My family lovingly refers to March as my birthday month.  Something about the fact that when I was MUCH younger (at least 2 years ago!), I'd try to drag my birthday out for as long as possible.  I'd partake in as many birthday lunches/dinners/desserts as possible, and I'd jump at the chance of going bowling, to the movies, or to any other fun birthday celebration place.  And let's not forget the presents!!   But now that I'm older, and much wiser, I realize that birthdays really aren't all about the celebrations (well, maybe they are a little!), they're more about spending time with the people that you love.  

This year, for my birthday weekend, I was fortunate enough to get to visit Holland for the annual Tulip Festival.  We went w/ some of our wonderful friends, the Hilburns, and had a great time exploring Amsterdam, and enjoying the beautiful flowers at Keukenhof (the festival).  It was a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday...we even had pancakes for dinner at a famous Pancake House!  

We arrived back in England on Sunday night, and I promptly started all the paperwork for our upcoming move.  Apparently, since I have asthma, I am a "special needs" spouse.  The only thing that this label gets me, in my opinion, is a bunch of excess stress!  But, I'm trying to tackle it one day at a time, and I'm hoping that surely I'll be deemed "fit to travel" sometime between now and July!

In baby news (I know you were waiting for it!!), I had another OB appt. today!!  As I said before, I wasn't able to get another sonogram; however, I did get to hear the tiny heartbeat!  It's a steady 140 BPM, and the tech said that it sounds healthy!  Since we live in England (have I mentioned lately that I'm ready to leave??!) we won't be able to find out the sex until the end of April.  It seems like such a long time from now!  And, even at that, it looks like Chris will be gone when I have the sono, so the Dr. has agreed to put the results in a sealed envelope for us to open when Chris returns.  Though it's not an ideal situation, I am really looking forward to opening the envelope w/ Chris and sharing our excitement together privately.  I can't wait for that day!!  

If you'll notice, I've added a few things to my blog!  I stole the idea of a poll from my friend Taylor (I hope you don't mind!).  Feel free to take it, and we'll see if you think that we'll be adding a girl or a boy to our family in September!!   

Enjoy some pics of the our weekend in Holland below!

I love this picture...I think it looks like they're friends!  (Yes, I'm a geek!)

Wendy & I



2 comments:

Adriane and Bryan said...

Those pictures are GREAT! Also, I think that's an awesome idea for finding out the gender of Baby D. I know you're looking forward to that day...it will be here before you know it. And, once you find out, time goes by SO much quicker!!! Enjoy it!

Wendy said...

So I am waiting for my CD of the gorgeous pics with your super nice camera. I loved watching you, Chris and even Jason perfecting the skill of flower photography (well Jason was attempting).