Elli and I have been having a great time hanging out this week. It's really the first week that we've had without any family here, so been having fun figuring out our own "groove". I'm reading "The Baby Whisperer", and highly recommend it to all you future mommies out there. If you've read my blog at all, you know that I'm an avid reader and it probably won't surprise you to hear that I've read just about every baby book that I could get my hands on. "The Baby Whisperer" is, by far, my favorite. Tracey, the author, just seems to know babies...hmm, I guess that's why they say she has the whispering gift! Anyway, now that I've been following some of her advice I feel like Elli & I are connecting even more than before. She's always been a really good baby, but now it seems like she's even better because I can read some of her cues and can sometimes predict and prevent a potential meltdown...sometimes is the key word :) We're still working on the sleeping thing, but I take it as a good sign that I'm only getting those 2.5 hrs of sleep nights every other night now. At least she's letting me recover a little bit!
But the BEST news of the week is that she's starting to smile!! Much to my dismay (and his utter joy!), Chris was the one to catch her 1st. But, today while we were reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" her little mouth turned up and her eyes shined! Of course, I cried...I'm such a softy! And no, I'm not surprised at all that I caught this little glimmer of a smile while reading to her...she is related to me, after all :)
Hope your week is filled with lots of smiles as well!
~Amy


3 comments:
I loved that book the best, too. Baby Wise was a bit to regimented for my independent kiddo. Tracey's advice was really spot on for Saw and helped us get through the first few months. She's great!
Awww, this post just made ME smile, Amy. I'm so happy for you & Chris!
You cry...no! : ) I am sure there are many more tears to shed over the next year when Elli has so many firsts!!!
Post a Comment