I am so blessed. Truly, I am. After feeling like I was losing my mind last week, I cried mercy and asked my mom to come out for a few days to help me. Now she doesn't just live down the block, mind you. She lives a good 9 hours away. Yet...she came. No questions asked, she came. And it was exactly what I needed.
Do you ever feel like your mom just has all the answers? I mean, I just don't understand how her mere presence can calm me down sometimes. Her gentle reassurance that I am, in fact, a good mother was so sweet to hear. Chris can tell me that all day, but I guess hearing it from my mom, someone who's been through everything herself, just makes me feel like she might just know what she's talking about :) I am so thankful for her.
Elli is doing much better now that she's eating better! There are times when she'll eat upwards of 6 oz! Uhhh, considering I was only able to give her 3 1/2 at a time I'm surprised that she was sleeping at all!! She's doing well with the formula, she doesn't seem to notice a difference at all really. And her sleeping is getting a little bit better as well. I won't say the problem has totally gone away, but we're improving and that's all I can ask for :)
She's still such a happy little baby. You might be surprised since it seems all I do is complain about her lack of sleep! Gosh, I really need to work on that! She's so curious these days, and seems to learn something new every day. Her new "trick" is grabbing the rings of her bouncy chair. She just loves it, and will crack herself up doing it! I just love seeing her little face light up when she does something new...it makes all of those sleepless night totally worthwhile :)


2 comments:
That's what Mommy's are for! You'll do the same for Elli when she's a new momma herself. I had my mom stay over many a night when Sawyer was young - it's just so scary and overwhelming and I think that while we can only see one thing (the problem), veteran momma's can see the solution! I'm glad she was able to help you out!
I hope you guys have a fabulous Thanksgiving!! :) XOXOXO
It can be hard to remember how wonderful babies are when you are exhausted. I still remember the first morning I woke up feeling rested after Audrey was born. All of a sudden all I could see was how beautiful and wonderful she was. I think I spent that entire day cuddling and looking at her. It was amazing how much of a difference enough sleep made. I hope you continue to get some sleep and that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment