It's been awhile since I've participated in Kelly's "Show Us Your Life" blog linkup...but what better way to start back up than with food!!
Miss E is a little bit picky. By that I mean she usually eats pretty well, there are just days when she's not "feelin'" something in particular. Like chicken...sometimes she'll eat it, sometimes she won't. We usually have pretty good luck when we give her some ketchup to dip it in...she's just like her daddy, she thinks everything is better with ketchup!!
Breakfast...this is pretty standard (though she'd already eaten half of her fruit and toast). We go with fruit (usually strawberries, blueberries, or bananas), a 1/2 piece of toast (dry, most of the time), and some type of cereal (she loves oatmeal). On the weekends, or whenever I feel like cooking in the morning, we'll give her a plain waffle and let her dip it in syrup, or a biscuit with a little bit of jelly. She eats A LOT in the mornings...more than any other time of the day.
Lunch varies from day to day. Sometimes she'll have 1/2 of a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, sometimes just lunch meat & some cheese. She loves quesadillas, & ham/cheese/tortilla roll-ups. We do applesauce, ritz crackers, grapes, goldfish, or pretzels for her "side"...just depends on what we have and what she's in the mood for.
Snacks vary as well. Jello is a big hit, as are Nilla Wafers (mmm, yummy!). Goldfish and Multi-Grain Cheerios are easiest, and I like to put those in little containers that have the plastic "vent" type things on the top. You know the ones...they keep stuff from spilling out, but make it easy for toddler hands to reach in and grab a handful. We've done graham crackers, and I just got a box of Annie's Organic Bunny Grahams. Those suckers are tasty! Fruit always goes over well, and so does cheese. Basically, she likes what I like...makes it pretty easy!
This is a E's typical dinner. We like for her to try whatever it is that we're eating, and provide her with enough sides to keep her from being hungry if she doesn't like it. She's a big fan of tomatoes, and will eat just about any fruit that we put in front of her. Peas, broccoli and green beans are okay if they are mixed with something (like spaghetti sauce...or ketchup!). Asparagus is iffy, and zucchini & squash are no-go's. Basically, she's not a big fan of veggies. Sadly, I think she gets that from me! But I keep trying, and that's what counts right? Right?!
Hope you got some good ideas...and I'd love to hear some of y'alls! I'm not very good at branching out, so I'm totally open to suggestions! Oh, and be on the look-out for the recipe for the pasta dish above. It's one of my favorites, and is oh-so-easy! I'll be sharing that soon :)


4 comments:
I'm generally too lazy to make Audrey oatmeal for breakfast so she has dry cereal and fruit and about half the time she'll have a glass of milk. Some days she doesn't want the cereal so I'll give her crackers or toast instead. One thing that Kyle started doing with the toast is to spread applesauce on it. She loves it, though sometimes she'll just lick the applesauce off of the toast and then feed the bread to the dogs. For lunch and dinner she gets whatever we are eating. Frequently lunch is quesidillas(sp?), grilled cheese sandwiches, mac & cheese, pb&j, or leftovers. We'll give her some fruit too to fill out whatever we have. Snacks are frequently crackers (all kinds), bread, cheese or fruit and then dinner is whatever we are having. She loves peas, broccoli, potatoes and sweet potato fries. She's also started liking asparagus if I hold it and let her bite off the end, but I think that's because she has molars now. Audrey can be picky about which foods she eats some days, but then the next day she will eat a ton of something she refused before. I've always heard that as long as what they eat balances over a week not to worry too much if one day or another is off. Tuesday Audrey ate nothing but cheese and bread (we offered more stuff, but it all went to the dogs). On Wednesday she ate a whole container of blueberries, two bananas and some asparagus, but almost no bread, meat or cheese. Both days on their own would be pretty bad, but if you average the two days out she is okay.
Kyle just reminded me of two other lunch favorites. Some days I'll make fried rice and today we had bean and rice burritos. Both are really easy and pretty quick, I can post recipes if you want.
Just found your blog and its so cute! :)
LOVE your blog!! Thanks for the food ideas! We seem to be in a rut right now.
Post a Comment