A little birdie told me a secret....
I'm going to be a BIG SISTER!!!

So...in case you hadn't heard...we have some very big news in our house :) We are absolutely over-the-moon excited about a new little blessing that will be making his/her appearance in late October!! I CANNOT wait to meet our sweet 2nd child!!
Many of you know about our struggle to get pregnant with Elli. The medication that I took made me a nutcase. Seriously. C-R-A-Z-Y. Night sweats (gross!), mood swings, lots & lots (AND LOTS) of tears, cold spells, & weird cravings. Let's just say it was less than pleasant. So, when we started thinking about having another baby (when Elli was about 6 months old...yes, I'm serious), I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to go through all of that mess again. Well, it didn't work out quite like I had planned (luckily, Someone else already had it all figured out :)
My Dr. prescribed said medication about 2 months before we were scheduled to move, and I'm not going to lie, I worried about taking it every day for 2 solid months. The night before I was supposed to start the meds, Chris & I talked & prayed about it. We decided that it just wasn't a good time, that it would make the move really difficult, and we both felt like there was something pulling at our hearts telling us to wait. So, the next morning came and I didn't take the pill. I cried, but I didn't take it. I beat myself up all morning thinking that I was going to delay everything at least another 6 months (that's how long it would take to get started on the "program" again once we moved), and just really felt sorry for myself. I thought I was in control, that I had a say, that I was the one in charge. The irony of it is that I didn't take the pills because I trusted God the night before...we both did. We were so secure in His plans that we made the decision in faith. Funny how it only took about 8 hours, and the actual "act" of stepping out on that faith to trip me up. Thank you, Jesus, for Your grace in my weakness.
*Fast forward about 16 days*
I took a pregnancy test more to get rid of it (I was in my purging stage of the move) than anything else. In fact, I almost threw the test away before I realized that there was a thin blue line staring back at me! I ran out and got a digital test, one that actually says "pregnant" and took it again. Success!!! PREGNANT was displayed, crystal clear! Tears of joy ran down my face, and I immediately hit my knees.
I am not in control, I have no say, and I am definitely not the one in charge. Thankfully...because I would mess up His perfect plan, without a doubt!!
My sweet girl, waiting on daddy to get home to share the exciting news :)
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11


7 comments:
Congratulations and may you have a blessed pregnancy!!!
yaaaaaaaaay!
Amen, Sista! I'm so happy for you. Now that you posted something about it I can spread it all over Facebook...since you know I'm on there all the time. I hope you are taking the move with stride and not overdoing it. I love you so much!
Big congratulations to you guys! How exciting. I can't wait to follow you through this pregnancy
Congrats!! Hope you have been feeling okay!
Congratulations! I hope you have a great pregnancy! Your house looks beautiful, by the way. Hope you are enjoying your new place.
Amy this is so beautiful!!!! And perfect!!! :)
Post a Comment