We are officially into 2008 and I have to admit, I am feeling a little nostalgic. At this time last year, Chris & I were packing, saying good-bye to friends and family, and preparing ourselves for the move overseas. It was a scary time, so many new beginnings and unknowns. It's hard to believe that it has already been a year, but what a year it turned out to be! We've traveled to places that we had only dreamed of, met amazing friends, and grown even closer to our families despite the distance. We learned to lean on each other when things were difficult (the humongous fly incident was one of those times!!), and to relish each other's happiness's. We've lived through an English winter, and even more jarring...an English summer w/ no air conditioning! We learned to drive on the wrong side of the road, learned to go with the flow (especially when taking directions from the GPS), and learned to savor every moment of togetherness. It has been an incredible adventure, the best year of my life, and one I will never forget.
I hope that 2008 brings even more great memories, new experiences and wonderful friends with it! Here's to a great year! Cheers!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment