When we arrived back in England, it was back to work for both Chris and I....but we didn't let that stop us from having lots of holiday fun!! First, it was off to an "Ugly Sweater Christmas Party" at one of our friends houses. THAT was pretty funny! Then, on Christmas Eve, we got together with our friends Kelly & Jeff for a Mexican Christmas Feast. Hopefully that will be an annual tradition :) On Christmas morning, we slept late and made a scrumptious waffle breakfast before starting in with the presents. We really savored being in our own home this
Christmas, as it was our first one together by ourselves. Chris opened his Birthday present first, and I sang Happy Birthday (oh, you should have heard it, it was concert material...heehee). Presents & stockings were next...I LOVE stockings!! Then we cleaned up and headed over to our good friends Wendy & Jason's to see what their little girls got for Christmas. It was so fun to visit w/ them on such a special day, and see how joyful their little ones were. We ate some yummy snacks and then it was back home for Chris's birthday dinner. I made his favorites and then we had brownie sundaes for
dessert...mmmm :) The next day Chris got up early (I wasn't feeling well...no it wasn't from my cooking!!) and went to the airport to pick up his Aunt Dianne & Grandmama. Though Chris quickly had to go back to work, I had a great time showing them around East Anglia. We toured Chris's "office", Cambridge, Bury St. Edmunds, Newmarket, & London. We even braved the Harrod's After-Christmas Sale....ummm, THAT was crazy! Chris & I dropped them off in London last night, and stopped by Trafalgar Square to see the enormous, beautifully lit Christmas tree that sits in its center.
It was a great way to end a great Christmas!


0 comments:
Post a Comment