Wow, it's been a really long time since I've written! Sorry about that...life has just been crazy lately! Let's see, where do I even begin??
Shortly after I wrote my last post, I traveled back to Texas for a fun-filled 2.5 weeks! My little brother got married last year, and my mom planned a gorgeous reception at her house to celebrate while I was home this time. Our entire family came to shower the happy couple with love. We all enjoyed the beautiful Texas weather, and we even had some swimmers! Well, one intentional swimmer, and one quite unintentional one...but that's another story!
My friend Kelly stayed with me for a night, and (like always) we got into lots of trouble the next day! Leave it to us to wind up in the WORST part of Dallas, lost, with no phone! Oh, the memories of Italy came flying back to me that day! But alas, we finally found our way to her friends apartment and all was well.
I enjoyed LOTS of Chick-fil-a; perhaps too much, but who's really keeping tabs? And, I got to attend a Bachelorette Party, and Wedding Shower for my cousin as well! Chris and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary w/ a date to Pappadeaux (oh, the Shrimp Embrochette!), and a movie. If you're looking for a good one, I highly recommend Taken...it was awesome! We also made plenty of trips to all of the local baby stores. It was fun and overwhelming at the same time. In fact, there were a couple of rows that we just decided to skip at Babies R Us because we were literally worn out! Who knew that shopping for a baby could be so tiring...don't even start w/ the jokes about waiting until the baby actually comes! I know, I know...I'm in for a big surprise!
Our other wonderful news comes in the form of another move. Chris got accepted to a training program in Mississippi, and it is an absolute dream come true for him. I have always believed that God has a special plan for every person's life, and I am truly convinced that God molded Chris to fly. This opportunity was such an answered prayer, one of many that we have received this year. So, we're packing up again shortly and heading back to America for good! We've already begun the house-hunting, and researching our new home...I can't even tell you how excited I am!! I'll definitely fill you all in with more details later, but for now just please continue to pray for our family & the transitions that we will soon be making.
Below is our 2nd ultrasound pic of Baby D :) It was taken at just over 10 weeks, and I'm almost at 16 already. Time is just flying by! In just a few short weeks we will learn if our sweet little baby is a boy or a girl...oh what fun!!


4 comments:
Those were great pictures, Amy! And I can totally empathize with how you felt at Babies R Us. I felt excited, discouraged, overwhelmed, happy, sad... basically all my emotions flooded me when I went there for the first time when I was pregnant. It's nuts!
Lets not talk about you moving : ) The Hilburns aren't mentally prepared for that yet. But I know that your family is going to be thrilled to have the baby born relatively close to them...well at least closer than England.
Cute little Baby D! I can't wait to find out if Baby D is a girl or a boy. Congrats again to Chris!
Your baby looks so perfect!! Aren't sonograms amazing?
And... you're moving?! Very exciting!
Post a Comment