Sweet Elli's "due date", that is!!
At my OB visit yesterday I was hoping to hear that I was ready to go, and that we could head on down to L&D to check in right then and there!! Ummm, not so much :) He said that things are still lookin' good, but that we hadn't quite made it to "go time" yet. He said that, after reviewing my records, he did think that we'd need to go ahead and get the show on the road a little bit earlier than planned though. So, if I haven't had her by Monday night, our little girl will be born sometime on Tuesday after my induction!
I think when he told me that her new "birth day" would be September 1st, my heart got so excited that my head couldn't really think straight. It wasn't until a few hours later that I realized what it really meant. If you remember, a few blog posts ago I said that Chris and I had decided that we weren't going to induce. We made that decision prayerfully, and we were comforted by the belief that God's timing would always be better than anything that we could plan ourselves. We still feel that way. Though my doctor emphasized to me (numerous times) that this was the best idea for both me & Elli, I couldn't help but feel like I was somehow dictating & directing what was supposed to come naturally. After much prayer, and some very good advice & support from our family & friends, we are finding peace in that this too is in the Lord's grand design...it just might look a little differently than we had imagined. This verse helped calm my anxious heart:
"When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You." Psalms 56:3
I know that no matter when, where, or how our sweet girl makes her debut into this world, it will be absolutely perfect. I'm so looking forward to that day...be it tomorrow or on the 1st!!


3 comments:
I am sure of this - God pick her for you and you for her. Looking forward to the day she arrives, whatever day that may be.
No matter what - only HE still knows the exact date and time!
Yea!!! Sept 1st is my birthday! Its a great day, plus u get to choose which grade she'll go in later on!! Ill pray for a safe and fast delivery any way it happens!
Sometimes inductions are the best and safest ways to go. It just depends on the person. Remember that God gave us many gifts with science. Some science saves lives. You are going to do just fine. Little Elliana is going to be the same little girl regardless.
Post a Comment