Genius, I tell you!!

I've been wondering why Elli hates bath time, and diaper changing time so much. Well, I know why she hates diaper changing time, but bath time...really? We've tried several different techniques, and nothing really seemed to be working. I had just about given up when we discovered that the solution is simple, it's genius really!

The other day, when our photographer came to take Elli's newborn pictures she brought something in with her equipment that seemed a little odd. It was a space heater. Now, that might be normal in England, but here in Mississippi where it is still 90 degrees and SUPER humid, a space heater isn't something that I would just carry around in the back of my car just in case. But that photographer has been around the block I guess, and that thing worked like a charm! Elli loved it! She was mellow, and happy (well, right up until the end when she was no longer having the whole "naked pictures are cute" thing).

So we've now incorporated the space heater into our bath time & diaper changing time routine, and it seems to be working! It's Genius, I tell you!!

3 comments:

Taylor said...

GREAT idea! I'll have to try it! Are you doing sponge baths? I'm so ready to move onto the "real deal" -- but just wasn't sure with her little cord still attached.

Wendy said...

Cara hated diaper changing too until I got a wipe warmer. Then it was no more fussing. It is that temperature I tell you!

Danielle said...

You can also put a warm washcloth on her tummy. That worked for both of mine. But we also have a heater in the bathroom. You can warm her towel in the dryer first, too; so she won't be too cold while you're drying her off.