Happy 2 Week Birthday!!


Again, I am astonished at how quickly time seems to be passing by! Two weeks ago, at this very moment, I was completely loopy from pain medicine & anxiously awaiting the birth of our little girl. Now, I'm completely loopy from lack of sleep, and so in love with our precious daughter that I can hardly stand it! I'll take the loopy-ness any day!

Elli had her first pediatrician's visit this week, and though she did GREAT, I was none-to-impressed w/ the doctor. First of all, our appt. was at 9:20, and we weren't seen until 11:30! Don't pediatricians know that babies have to eat?! Don't they also know that while keeping their offices at a cool 60 degrees might be nice for them, it is TERRIBLE for sweet babies who have to take their clothes off to get examined?! I felt so sorry for Elli, even though she handled it all like a pro.

STATS: Gained 3 oz (7 lbs, 8 oz now!), 19 inches (seems she's shrunk 3 inches!)

Thanks for all of the advice about getting her on a schedule. Thanks to all of you, she's doing so much better! We've used bits and pieces of all of your suggestions, and we've found a little routine that seems to be working really well for her. Our biggest problem was that she did NOT want to go to sleep after her last late night feeding. Now that we've incorporated some of your tips, she actually seems to want to fall asleep! Hooray!! I have to admit that my stress about "not doing it right" probably wasn't helping things either, so my goal for this week is to just enjoy the moment (Thanks Jen, for that wonderful advice!). It's already flying by, and I don't want to miss anything because I'm worried about whether or not she's on a schedule :)

Here are some pics from this week...enjoy!

I love this picture! My friend Tara inspired it, so I thought I'd try my hand at it too.
Going to the Dr!! Gotta look cute :)
Elli got her first piece of mail this week!! Thanks, Joy!

1 comments:

Jen McD said...

Wonderful pictures! I love the girly girl. 2 weeks already and time won't slow down. She's precious and it appears as if she has everything she needs: love, food, love, dry diapers, warmth, and love

You're doing a great job!