Since Chris's birthday is on Christmas day, he sometimes misses out on having a big celebration. Since I'm all about birthdays, I have continued his parents tradition of having his "half-birthday" in June...I think I enjoy it more than he does!! But this year, for his 30th, we all thought that it was important to celebrate on the actual day.
Elli and I woke him up early to celebrate with just the 3 of us. We sang, gave him his presents, and Elli showered him with kisses (or slobber, but at least she tried!!). Then we had his birthday breakfast w/ his mom & Mike...I was supposed to make him a breakfast casserole, but somehow I dropped the ball on that one!! Among other things, they gave him tickets to see Robert Earl Keen at Bass Hall...and free babysitting!! WooHoo!! We then headed to his dad's house, where we celebrated Christmas & his birthday with Donna's family. They ordered that great cake, and we almost burned the place down with all the candles :) Just kidding, honey!! His dad got him a remote controlled helicopter that they promptly tried out (and crash landed!) in the front yard. A few days later, Chris had another celebration at his Aunt Shirley's house. After doing Christmas, the kitchen was redecorated with a banner, party hats, & noise makers. We had a great time surprising him, and we filled ourselves up with 3 different kinds of pie!!
I had planned on throwing him a birthday party with all of our friends, but I had to cancel it at the last minute due to weather. Who would have thought that there would be a Winter Wonderland in Texas?! It was a bummer that we had to cancel, we were both really looking forward to seeing everyone, but we're hoping to just bring back the old 1/2 birthday tradition and try it again this summer!
All in all, I think he had a GREAT birthday this year. Our 20's were great, and I think our 30's will be even better :)
Celebrating at Chris's Aunt Shirley's house...gotta love the party hats!!



1 comments:
What a great cake!!! I hope he had a great birthday!!!!
Post a Comment