Catching Up


First of all, I just want to say THANK YOU for all of the amazing money advice! You guys had a few tips that we haven't tried before, and I'm anxious to see if any of the new ideas will "stick"! I think our biggest issue is that we don't (didn't) have a budget. Eek!! First mistake, huh?! But before you gasp too loudly, let me just say that we already pull out retirement money from Chris's paycheck that we don't really ever "see". The problem that we were having was saving for other things, important 1-3 year goal things...like a house, a car, a piano, and Bugle (what we will be naming our future Beagle! **No, Chris has not yet agreed to this name; however, I'm diligently working on it!**). SO, in comes the need for the envelope system and a HUGE overhaul of the finances that go into our checking accounts. And I'm happy to say, with a sigh of relief, that we did it! And we're both really happy w/ the results ~ our goals, our new budget, and our new toy! We finally got rid of my old Sunfire, AKA The Amazing Sun Fuego....
And got this gorgeous girl!!!
Please note that it's pitch dark outside! That's because we were still in Atlanta (4.5 hrs away from our house) picking up this little gem at 10pm!! It's a LONG story, but suffice to say that we got a really good deal, and we're totally in love with our new Sorrento!

In other news, we recently had our first portrait made as a family of 3!! My friend Amanda did them for us, and I think they turned out great...especially considering that it was insanely hot outside and Miss E was just NOT having it!! Here are a few of my favorites...

Here's one I took of Chris & Elli in our backyard. Elli loves to "fly" around w/ her daddy, and get sugar from him afterwards. I think I captured the moment perfectly here :)
Oh, and guess what?!?! She's CRAWLING!!! The video I've taken is super shaky, so I didn't want to upload it...but soon, friends, soon!! But, I thought that this super cute picture of my sweet girl's precious grin might make up for the lack of video :) Oh, she just melts my heart!!

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

great pictures! she is adorable!

Erin Benton said...

Love it! Good luck with the budgeting. It will make you feel good once you see your stockpile of savings just grow and grow. Just try not to think, "Oh what clothes could I buy with all of that!" Tee hee. And if you check your PayPal, you will see that I am helping you with your income as well. Feel free to go to Chick-Fil-A twice with that money. Ha!

Erin Benton said...

Also, Elli is adorable. We've got some precious girls.