I love reading blogs written by other military spouses because we share a lot of the same experiences. I know all about TDY's, PCS's, DTY moves, and much more than I'd like to about the anxiety/fear/sadness that comes with the inevitable deployment. But something else that we share is the fact that our lives change constantly, and with that change comes incredible opportunity.
Allison, over at I HEART CHANGE, writes all about how she's embraced the change that the military delivers. Well, she actually writes a lot about her cutie-patootie son Isaac, but her thoughts on change are sprinkled in there too :) The other day she asked her readers to submit a post about why they too "heart" change for the opportunity to be featured as a Guest Blogger. So I did...and I am!!
So if you'd like to check out why I think that change can be a really good thing, scoot on over to her blog and read away :)


1 comments:
My sweet daughter, I can remember the phone calls from Pensacola when you were so lonely...until you found a calling at the Red Cross. I think that was the beginning of your embracing change...you saw a need and felt the Lord's gentle push to stretch and use your talents. Then off to North Carolina, where you continued to stretch and grow. And how about those first calls from across the pond. I remember one of your first OCS parties where you called me and said you had worn the wrong outfit and worried about your first impression. Pretty soon the phone calls were about the OCS events, the Bible studies, the trips you and your friends embarked upon, and the love you shared as spouses of men passionate about their jobs who were often away from home. You have, indeed, embraced change. And while your world around you changes, you provide Chris and Elli with a stable ground and a safe place to call home. The Lord uses you in every place in which you have been called to serve with Chris.It has been my greatest joy to see your grow into the woman you are!
Post a Comment