Happy Thanksgiving!!!

What a GREAT day!! I love Thanksgiving. I love what it stands for; "giving thanks" for our abundant blessings. I love the food, the family, the friends, the traditions, the weather (most of the time!), the food...oh wait, did I already say that?!!
My dad has been able to spend this holiday with us for the past two years, and I absolutely love having him around to share in our festivities! This year along with my dad, we had 3 friends join us for a late lunch. It was great to spend the day with them talking & cooking, laughing and eating. We had one minor hiccup (the oven mysteriously turned off and the turkey didn't get hot), but other than that everything went off without a hitch...and we stuffed ourselves silly!!
I'm so very thankful for my family, both my "real" one and the military one that we have been so fortunate to be a part of. I love that there is always someone around to celebrate holidays with, no matter how far away from "home" you may be. I'm thankful that we were able to provide that for our friends this year...and I'm sure we'll be on the receiving end sooner than we think! I'm thankful for our warm home and the food that we enjoyed today. I'm thankful for my sweet daughter, and my precious husband, who bring so much joy to my life. I'm thankful that we live in America, and for all of the men and women who serve to protect us daily. And I'm thankful to God, who sent His son Jesus Christ, so that we can all truly be free.
What are some of the things that y'all are most thankful for? And what are some of the dishes that make Thanksgiving special for your family?? I'd love to hear about your traditions, and share in your fun...if only vicariously :)

0 comments: