Still Around!!

Hey friends!! I hope you are all having a wonderful start of December, and really getting into the holiday spirit!! We've been under the weather lately, which is why I've been on hiatus from blogging. First is was E, then me, then E again...or maybe she never really got over it! Her lowest point came when we landed in the ER due to dehydration. Let me just tell you, it was the hardest day of my life. Yes, I'm serious! We had to hold her down to get an IV started, it took 3 tries (one of which made her arm/hand swell due to not getting a vein), and she ended up just crying herself to sleep once the tourniquet was in place. Awful, I tell you! But, it was but an instant in the grand scheme (that's what I'm telling myself, at least!), and she's doing much better now...and hopefully hasn't been scarred by our horrific experience. She's back to her happy, fast-paced self, and loving all of the Christmas-y things that we've been doing lately.

I have tons of pics from the past few weeks, but I thought I'd share some of the ones that make me laugh! Elli loves to "talk" on my phone. She holds it to her ear and carries on a complete conversation with "someone" while walking around the house. Last week she got so caught up in her conversation that she ran into a wall! Don't worry, she didn't hurt herself :)

4 comments:

Jennjilla said...

sweet girl! sorry to hear y'all have been sick. We've been there w/ the I.V.'s for dehydration, one of the worst moments ever! Hope y'all are all back to feeling good!

Theresa said...

I know it is really hard to have to hold your baby down while they stick a needle or an IV in, but she won't remember it and I'm sure it made her feel a ton better right away. I have a lot of memories like that from the hardest four days of my life almost a year ago now. Lots of hugs to you all and I'm so glad you are both feeling better.

Team Downing said...

We just experienced the ER for the first time. Your visit sounds way worse than mine. Poor girl, I'm glad she is feeling well.

Erin Benton said...

That sounds horrifying with the ER! I am so glad y'all are both feelin better. She is super cute with the phone! I wonder why they are so interested, guess cuz we are too huh?