Here's to a New Year!!

I'm not a big resolutions girl. I mean, I try (like I did here) but my intentions usually fall flat. I can't ever keep up with what I resolved to do, which causes me to stress about not keeping promises to myself, and then I feel guilty about my choices. Boo! That's no way to start the year!

I think the key is accountability. And let's be honest...I'm not great at holding myself accountable. Take, for instance, giving up Dr. Peppers (which was cleverly disguised last year as "not drinking my calories"). Well, if you know me at all you know that my resolution lasted a week (at most!). I thought it sounded great at the time, but ummm, no personal accountability. And let's just not even talk about asking Chris to help me on this one! That's just a recipe for disaster :)

This year, instead of just making a list of things that I'd like to change about myself & pinpointing January 1 to be the start of my life change, I'm going to think about things a little bit more deeply. I know I'm not where I want to be...spiritually, financially, personally...but just saying that I need to change really hasn't worked in the past so I'm pretty sure it's not going to work now either. It will take prayer, lots of it! And hard work. And fellowship & accountability. And instead of these changes lasting for just 365 days, I intend to make them a life-long passion. To grow & to learn, and to embrace & use the gifts that the Lord blessed me with.

So here's to a new year, one full of change & opportunity! Let's make it the best one yet!

0 comments: