Good-bye, sweet Kelly!!

It's that time again...time to say good-bye to dear friends.  Honestly, I think it's the worst part of the military lifestyle, the saying good-bye.  No matter how many times we do it, it never gets easier.  

I met Kelly while we were stationed in North Carolina.  Actually, we met while playing one of my favorite games ever...BINGO!!  (I've never denied being a huge dork!).  Kelly had already started the moving process, as she and her husband would be moving to England about three weeks later.  I remember how much I already liked her, even after that brief encounter...from her cute piggy-tails to her infectious smile, I had made a fast friend.  When Chris & I found out that we would be moving to England a little while later, I was excited to already have someone I could call on for some support.

And support, she did.  Kelly & her husband let us borrow their car during our first few weeks in-country.  Though it was right-hand drive, and oh-so-terrifying, we were thankful to have it!  She introduced me to most of the squadron ladies, and invited me to go with her to a Bible Study group as well.  That group has been such a blessing to me during our time here...the ladies I've met through it will remain in my heart forever.  Kelly basically took me under her wing, and helped me adjust to the many differences that we faced in England.  We've traveled to multiple countries together (the Italian police fiasco has Kelly's name written all over it!!), helped each other through our husband's first deployments, eaten countless meals together, and have become better friends than I could have ever imagined.  I'm so grateful to have her in my life.

As Kelly & her husband leave England for bigger & better things, she will definitely leave a much-missed hole in our sweet little group of friends.  Good luck Downings, in all that you do.  May God bless the road ahead of you, and may we meet again in the future!!

Kelly & I on Homecoming Day
Our Naming
New Year's Eve 
At Pee-Dog-a-PaLooza!

1 comments:

The Wendt Family said...

You know how I look at them. There are NEVER goodbye's, only see you later because you will always see a good friend later on. It might be 12 years from now, but you WILL see them later.