Happy Birthday Elli!!!

Elliana Grace Duncan
September 1, 2009 at 1:58pm
7lbs 5 oz
22 inches

I always knew that I wanted to be a mother. I love children, and my heart has always longed to have some of my own. It was a very real desire, one that I thought I knew all about...until Tuesday. It was on that day, when our daughter was born, that I realized that I really had no idea how it would feel to actually be a mom. It was overwhelming, exciting, a little scary, and absolutely wonderful all at the same time. It was surreal to see my child for the first time; to know that the Lord formed her perfectly in my womb, and to know that Chris & I had just embarked on the most amazing adventure of our lifetime. We are filled to the brim with joy. She is an angel with her light hair, blue eyes, and perfect little face...oh, I'm not biased at all!! If you don't believe me, just ask her grandparents!

Thank you all, so very much, for your thoughts and prayers. Believe me when I say that we felt them all while we were waiting for our little bundle to arrive.

I'll definitely write more soon, but for now I thought I'd just share some pictures of our sweet girl, Elli, on her "Birth" Day!!

Our 1st Family Picture
Wrapped around Daddy's finger!!
I could just gobble up these toes!!

Elli meeting her Daddy!

Getting some sugar :)

Seeing her room for the first time. I think Daddy's excited!!
Our Angel

4 comments:

Jen McD said...

She's so beautiful. And if you think you love her now...... it gets better and better!! Congratulations Duncan Family!

Danielle said...

She is gorgeous!!! She truly is. You may be biased, but I am not. She's a cutie pie.

Wendy said...

I just love that last picture. She is so sweet!!!

Jennjilla said...

Congrats Mommy and Dad! I'm so happy she's here! Remember to get plenty of rest, Amy - it can be a rough first few weeks and sleep is crucial! Thinking of y'all! XOXOXO