Someone Needs a Watch!!

I've been trying to get Elli on a schedule. Trying is the operative word! I'm learning that babies don't quite embrace plans the way that I do :) It's definitely been a learning experience. I'm trying to let go of that controlling side of myself (hey, the first step is admitting that there is a problem!) and going with the flow a lot more these days. But I was talking with Chris 2 nights ago about how I wish that I could tweak her sleep pattern, just a little bit, so that I could sleep for more than 1.5 hours at a time. He listened sweetly, and said he totally understood my request. And then he said, "Honey, I think it's great that you want her on a more accomodating schedule for you, but unfortunately she didn't come with a watch".

I just hate it when he's clever :)

4 comments:

Jennjilla said...

Yea, and the nurses must've thrown away the instruction manuel, too. Darnit!

Taylor said...

I have a great book that a friend loaned me that helps to establish a "routine." Her kids were all sleeping 6 hours at night by 4 weeks old. We are working on it... and Raegan is getting better. I can e-mail you the info if you would like it! Raegan sleeps at least 4 hours between diaper changes and feedings now! And every once in a while she'll throw in a 6 hour night for me! :)

Jen McD said...

pretty soon you'll be getting more and more sleep... She's so young. Just wait another week when the delirium sets in! Something all parents will relate too.

That's a bummer about her watch getting lost. ;-)

Danielle said...

It seems like forever now, but this all will pass so quickly. By the time you reach month 3, you'll have a little more control on sleep...hopefully. But I feel your pain because I'm a control freak, too and love schedules. Joe and my mom were a little worried because I was way too strict.