Since we'll be traveling back to Texas for Christmas this year, I told some of Santa's elves that the Big Guy needed to stop by the Duncan house a little early. Much to Elli's delight, he listened to our request and made his way down our chimney on Friday night!! She woke up Saturday morning to a living room full of toys just for her! And though she couldn't express herself very eloquently, we think she was just ecstatic with surprise!
In all seriousness, we had a wonderful morning celebrating our first Christmas as a family of three (plus a very excited Nana!). We opened stockings, ate yummy waffles, drank peppermint hot cocoa, and tried out all of the wonderful things that Santa left for us. My sweet husband got me a Willow Tree Angel family figurine...I cried, but are you surprised? Elli got a bounce-a-roo thing that is just amazingly elaborate (Santa had lots of fun putting it together!), and a really cool music sitting station that she absolutely LOVED. Even though she didn't really understand what was happening around her, it was so much fun to share such a special time with her. We are starting our own traditions as a family, and it was truly the best Christmas that I've ever had.
Here is our day, in pictures...
Chris and I...oh so happy!
Elli & Nana playing w/ Rudolph
Wow...what a day!!




3 comments:
OH...Yeah for First christmas's with the kids even if they don't understand. I miss you guys!!! I like your mom's new do. (It might not be new for everyone but when I met her it was short). Merry Christmas!!!!
Oh Emme got the same Jumperoo! Though she can't quite use it just yet, I know she will love it! Can't wait to see you guys!
She looks just like you, Amy!
Post a Comment