Chris and I were talking the other day about how "6 months" still sounds super young, like a baby-baby. But 7 months...that's like, I don't know, not baby-baby anymore. She's just getting so big, and smart, and fun! An absolute doll, I tell ya!
She's still a great sleeper, almost to the point of making me forget how sleep-deprived I was for the first 3 months of her life :) She'll sleep 13 hrs a night if I let her, but as it stands now I try to wake her up after 12. She still takes 3 naps a day of about 1-1.5 hrs each, and gives me the biggest, most beautiful smile ever when I walk in her room to get her out of her crib. She wears size 2-3 diapers, and 9 mo. clothes. She's still not crawling, or even rolling really. She can roll both ways, but she doesn't use that skill to move around...she's pretty content to just hang out on whichever side suits her that day. She sleeps on her tummy, with her little hands folded under her head...precious! And in true lady fashion, she crosses her little feet at every opportunity. She crinkles her nose when she smiles, and (like me) usually has her mouth open when she does it. She LOVES her new "buddy Bert", her jump-a-roo, playing "chase mommy", being "SUPER ELLI!!!", and eating her socks. She's not a big fan of loud noises (she has sensitive ears!), or missing her naps. Being a Daddy's Girl is an understatement, I am constantly in awe of the love that Chris & Elli have for one another. She does great at church in the nursery, and doesn't seem to have too much separation anxiety. We just found our first babysitter (that's not family or a close friend), and we're excited (and a little nervous!) to use her this weekend.
Elli will participate in the Baby Dedication at our church in a few weeks and in preparation for that, Chris and I have to write a letter to her expressing our hopes, dreams, and prayers for her life. I've been thinking a lot about what I will write over the past few days, and I'm excited about actually sitting down w/ Chris and putting our thoughts and feelings on paper. The Lord has used these 7 short months to teach me so much about life, unconditional love, having a sensitive heart, the importance of patience and thankfulness, and recognizing His enormous blessings. This sweet little girl has changed me; shown me, in a different way, how God must look at all of mankind. My child is precious and perfect in my eyes. And we, all of us, have that same favor in His.
Happy 7 Month Birthday, my lovely Elliana. You're such a special girl.


0 comments:
Post a Comment