Updates from the Duncan House :)

It's been a busy week! Super busy! So busy that I can't really remember why it's been so busy! Ha! We went to Atlanta last weekend to visit the Hilburn girls, and it was an excellent trip. 9 months is way too long to go without seeing them, and I've decided that I'm never doing that again, I just love them too much! Elli did okay on the trip down...a little fussy, but what baby isn't after 5 straight hours in the car? That night; however, was a different story. I haven't gotten that little sleep in months, and I had forgotten what sleep deprivation feels like! Elli just wasn't a fan of sleeping in her pack 'n play, staying up past her bedtime, not eating on time, or being in a new location. It was a rough night, but luckily she's a sweetie and by the time morning had rolled around she was back to herself again. We visited the Georgia Aquarium, which was AWESOME!! I think Cara & Syd's favorite part was the penguins :) I really liked the sea tunnel, I've never been through one of those before. We spent the entire day just wandering around all of the exhibits, most of which were really cool. We also got to check out Olympic Park and we tried to stroll on down to the Atlanta Underground; however, the drug deal that took place directly in front of us kind of put the damper on that whole thing! I'm totally serious, it was crazy! The next day we went to Sweetwater State Park, and spent about an hour talking and playing near the lake. It was a gorgeous day, and honestly I just didn't want to leave. We had a wonderful time with the Hilburn fam, and we're so looking forward to seeing them again really soon!

Chris also finished up in T-6's this week. His last ride was a check-ride, and he did awesome! He actually scored higher on it, grade-wise, than any other ride he's had in that plane. Needless to say, I'm pretty proud of him! We're now just waiting for Track Select to roll around to see which plane he'll be flying next...and then it begins again! Ready for the next adventure I guess :) It's crazy that he'll only have another 6 months of training before we find out our next "real" assignment. Just like the months flying by with Elli, I feel like our time here has gone by extremely quickly!

We have some visitors coming into town within the next few weeks as well, which is always fun! I'm sure there will be lots of pictures to post after they leave :) And then, it's back to Texas for Elli and I so that we can attend my older brother's wedding. I'm so excited to see everyone again, and I just love a good wedding!!

We've had a great day today as well! Elli & I went to Tuscaloosa w/ my friend, Jeane, and her sweet daughter, Myla. We hit up Hobby Lobby, and Chick-fil-a...now that's my kind of day!! I love shopping w/ friends, especially when there's a Chick-fil-a in the food court :) And then, this evening, we got to eat w/ some of our friends from England! It was great to catch up w/ Shanna, and I know Chris enjoyed talking w/ Hooch about all things jet related.

I'm continuing to hone my crafting skills, and have a few new projects under my belt that I'm super excited about! Don't worry, the big reveal is coming soon :) And I'll be hosting a new bible study in our home which will start in early May, so if you want to say a quick prayer about that, I'd definitely appreciate it! I'm really excited to dive into it. It's a Beth Moore study called, "A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place", and I've heard great things about it. I think that covers just about all things Duncan!! I hope you are all having a great week, I'd love to hear what y'all have been up to lately!! Doesn't it seem like Spring is always the busiest season? It definitely is for me!!






0 comments: