Happy 11 Month Birthday, Elliana!!


I think I was so in denial about Elli actually turning 11 months old, that I completely forgot what day it was! I went through almost the whole day on Sunday thinking that it was the 31st, and it kinda made me sad when I realized that I hadn't sung the "happy month birthday" song to her that morning. Umm, now that I'm thinking about it, Chris would probably have told me to keep that little tidbit to myself...he totally accepts my craziness, but I'm sure he's a little worried about what other people might think! Ha!
So our little girl is 11 months old now, learning new things seemingly every day, and is more fun than I ever imagined! She's wearing size 12-18 month clothes, size 3 diapers, and size 3 shoes (I finally bought some for her the other day! Poor girl!). She's a pro at crawling, and is crazy fast when she wants to be. She's not really interested in trying to walk, but loves to stand...both holding onto things and on her own. She also likes to climb, and it makes me a little nervous!! We'll be moving her mattress to the lowest level in her crib this weekend b/c our little monkey doesn't want to be confined!
Miss E's eyes are still bright blue, and I think her hair will be strawberry blonde. There are times when it looks almost totally red, but in the sun it's a lot lighter. She said her first word the other day (besides Mama & Dada), and can you guess what it was? Puppy!! So cute! She saw one on America's Funniest Home Videos, and she just said it like it was nothing. Took us completely by surprise!

She is eating more and more "big girl food", and takes a Sippy cup easily now...though I still give her a bottle with her dinner at night. And she now has three teeny teeth, all on the bottom! She loves to be read to (especially at night), loves the water, seeing animals, knocking over her blocks, getting things "out" of other things (purses/bags/etc.), and sitting in Daddy's lap. She gets excited when she hears the Mickey Mouse song, and starts bobbing her little head & dancing. Her new "tricks" are sharing her toys w/ Mommy (when I ask), nodding her head "yes", playing peek-a-boo with whoever is in the room, and dropping a ball to make it bounce (she giggles uncontrollably when it works!).

These last 11 months have flown by! Each new day brings something different to discover, and it is such fun getting to experience that with her. She's such a sweet girl, and we've had so much fun watching her grow :)

0 comments: