Abundant Sunday

I can't believe that it's already Sunday again, it feels like this week has just flown by!  I'm pleased to report that the annual Airman's Cookie Drive brought in a whopping 14,000 cookies this year...incredible!  That's more cookies than has ever been collected, and we were even done sorting them all into cute bags (the elementary school kids decorated them) in just under 2 hours. Almost 12,000 of them will go to the single Airmen on base as a holiday treat, while the other 2,000 will be sent downrange to the guys & girls who will be spending their Christmas in the desert.  What a huge success!  If you want to get involved and send a little LOVE to the troops, visit this website sponsored by Xerox.  I'm sure that they would love to hear some words of encouragement, especially during the holidays.

This weekend was spent relaxing and spending time with some of our good friends.  What more can you ask for at Christmastime??  On Friday we attended our first party of the season.  The theme was Feliz Navidad and we celebrated by indulging in some of my favorite food...Mexican!  Amber even whipped up some of her wonderful sopapilla cheesecake, so yummy!  And on Saturday, we went to eat with another couple (sans their kiddo's), and caught the movie "Four Christmas's".  WHAT a funny movie!!  Loved it!  I hope that you all had a great weekend, and that you were all able to spend some quality time with those that mean the most to you.

Here are my Abundant Sunday blessings:

1.  That Chris made it home safely from his deployment this year, and that we will get to spend Christmas & the New Year together.
2.  My Nana's recipes.  I dug them all out for Christmas and found that she had written sweet little comments on the back of each one.  It was a sweet reminder of how much she loved my brother and I.
3.  That my sis-in-law is a bona-fide counselor now!!  Yay for her getting her Master's Degree!
4.  Getting to see "Four Christmas's" with friends.  Super funny movie, and a very fun way so spend an evening!
5.  Apple Streusel from a box...surprisingly delicious :)
6.  Another lazy Saturday.
7.  Dave Ramsey & his envelopes...I'm sure I'll post more on this later!

PS ~ Thanks to all of you who suggested ways to display my Christmas Cards.  I think I'll combine a few of your ideas together and see what I come up with!  I'll post pics as soon as I'm done :)

0 comments: