1. Favorite Christmas Song? (Thought I'd start out with an easy one!)
O Holy Night from "Home Alone"
2. Favorite Holiday Treat?
My Nana's Rocky Road Fudge...oh my gosh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
3. How many Christmas's do you celebrate?
This year...1. When we're back in Texas...7 (yes, you read that correctly!)
4. Real or Fake Tree?
Fake, all the way baby! I'm don't have much of a green thumb, and a dead Christmas tree on Christmas morning just kind of puts a damper on the mood.
5. Anyone in your family have a Christmas birthday?
Yep...my sweet hubby!
6. Favorite holiday side dish?
Sweet Potatoes with cinnamon/pecan topping. No marshmellows for me, thanks!
7. Does it snow at Christmastime where you live?
Ehh, if we're really, really lucky we might see a few flakes (in Texas)
8. Wrapping Paper or Bags?
Little bit of both...I lean more towards paper though (not very green of me, I know!)
9. Favorite Christmas Tradition?
Reading the Christmas Story on Christmas morning, and going to the Candlelight Christmas Eve Service.
10. Favorite Christmas/Holiday memory?
Working at the Christmas Store for Mission Arlington w/ my Mom & Nana. They taught me the "true" meaning for Christmas.
Hope you enjoyed it! I can't wait to see your answers too!
~A


3 comments:
okay here's a post from mama:
1. Favorite Christmas Song: The Secret of Christmas- see below
2. Favorite holiday treat: Nana's Hello Dolly bars
3. How many Christmas' ? whenever both my babies can be there is the one I have officially.
4. Real or Fake Tree- with asthma? who are you kidding? Fake
5. Anyone in your family with a Christmas birthday? My fly boy son in law, Chris, and my cousin, Gregg.
6. Favorite Holiday Dish? Nana's cranberry salad -it just looks so pretty
7. Does it snow where I live? no, we have ice.
8. Wrapping paper of Bags - wrapping paper - I buy at the Container Store the day after Chrismtas...it's the most important sale I make- one must have a theme for one's packages!
9. Favorite Christmas treat? there are lots, but I love Trash
10. Favorite Holiday memory - my grandfather teaching me how to open my presents without anyone knowing and wrapping them back up. And no, it didn't spoil anything but it sure ticked off my parents.
The Secret of Christmas:
It's not the glow you feel when snow appears.
It's not the Christmas card you send each year.
Not thejoyful sound when sleigh bells ring.
Nor the merry song Children sing.
The little gift you send on Christmas day, will not bring back the friend you turned away.
So may I submit the Secret of Christmas is not the things you do at Christmas time, but the Christmas things you do all year through.
1. Favorite Christmas Song? Anything that comes out of Josh Groban's gorgeous mouth. I love him.
2. Favorite Holiday Treat?
tamales on Christmas Eve. They always taste the best on that night!
3. How many Christmas's do you celebrate?
depends, can be 1 or 3. With my job being as insane as it is, usually just 1ish.
4. Real or Fake Tree?
fake, I don't really like real trees
5. Anyone in your family have a Christmas birthday?
nope, but we have Valentine's Day covered!
6. Favorite holiday side dish?
POTATOES AND COOKIES AND CAKES AND PIES AND POTATOES!
7. Does it snow at Christmastime where you live?
it's actually "snowing" right now! ok...flurries, but we count that here in Tejas
8. Wrapping Paper or Bags?
usually wrapping paper. the dollar store had cute stuff this year!
9. Favorite Christmas Tradition? Candlelight Christmas Eve Service.
10. Favorite Christmas/Holiday memory?
waiting on the stairs to see what Santa brought us
1. Favorite Christmas Song? (Thought I'd start out with an easy one!)
O Holy Night
2. Favorite Holiday Treat?
Lynette's Cheese Dip
3. How many Christmas's do you celebrate?
When we stay home, just one. When we are in Texas 6
4. Real or Fake Tree?
Fake. Although this year we bought a real one and it's DEAD. Good thing we are leaving soon. It wouldn't have made it to the 25th.
5. Anyone in your family have a Christmas birthday?
No, but Happy Birthday to Chris! Wait - are you talking the 25th exactly? I do have a nephew born on the 14th.
6. Favorite holiday side dish?
Sweet Potatoes with pecan topping
7. Does it snow at Christmastime where you live?
There is snow on the ground right now with more to come. I'll assume it will be white ;-)
8. Wrapping Paper or Bags?
Wrapping paper all the way!!
9. Favorite Christmas Tradition?
We started making a birthday cake on Christmas Eve, complete with homemade ice cream. I love taking our time at home unwrapping presents and stopping for a big pancake breakfast, then diving back in.
10. Favorite Christmas/Holiday memory?
When I was a teenager, I picked an Angel off the tree at the mall. When I went to turn the gift in, the lady at the accepting table was in tears. She was so moved that the last 3 people to donate gifts were teens. Anyway, it was just one of those encounters where you see someone's true heart in her words. I won't ever forget her and the small lesson in surpassing other's expectations with love and giving. To this day, it's my favorite gift to buy
Jen
Post a Comment