Elli's Birthday Weekend


The floors have been cleaned, the balloons popped & thrown away, the wrapping paper discarded, and the toys put in their "places". The laughter & singing that filled our home all weekend is noticeably quieter since I'm the only one here...though Elli joins in occasionally :) Everything has gone back to normal, and it makes me a little bit sad...but only because we had such a wonderful time with everyone that I hated to see them go.
What a party we had!! A total of 11 family members came out from Texas to celebrate Elli's first birthday this weekend, and I can't tell you how happy I was to see each and every one of them. We tried to cram as much fun into 4 days as we possibly could, and I think it was a huge success!! Miss E loved all of her fun presents, and had a blast playing with her cousins. She had so much fun, in fact, that she didn't want to take a nap, or go to bed on Saturday night!! And she was up at 5:30am on Party Day just waiting for them to come back over :)

Chris & I are so thankful that we have such a loving and supportive family. What special memories we made this weekend, ones that I know Elli will treasure all of her life (even if she has to see pictures to remember! Ha!). It was a wonderful way to celebrate the sweetest little girl around :)
The entry table
The food table w/ E's high chair banner...loved it!
The mantle & some of her presents :) See my ribbon topiaries?!
Super Yummy Cake!!
Too bad Elli didn't think so!
Giving her new Bitty Baby some love :)
She loves pushing her in the stroller!!
Such a happy day!
Silly girl!
She LOVES this toy from GG & Grandaddy!!
Having fun in the wagon that Mommy & Daddy got her :)
Swimming after the party...always a good time!
Our little family
Nana & E at the Bowling Alley after the party...so fun!
Going home...it's been a very fun, but very long day :)

I hope you had the very happiest of birthdays, sweet girl. You've made your Mama & Daddy so proud this year. We love you so very much.

3 comments:

Jennjilla said...

What a party! Happy Birthday to my sweet birthday buddy! :)

J.E.L said...

Your party turned out awesome. I love the topiaries! Good job mom! She will be so impressed when you show her these pictures

Team Downing said...

That cake was so cute! If you tell me you made it I would believe it...you are so crafty and an amazing cook!