I'm a bookworm, did ya know it?? Give me a good book, a snuggly place to sit, and a mug of hot chocolate and I'm in heaven! I've been known to read an entire book in a day...Jodi Piccoult can do it to me every time! So, I thought I'd throw out some of my favorite "feel good" books so that you might enjoy them during the holidays. Some of them are my favorite children's books, some are novels...but I promise that they will all bring a smile to your face, and a tear to your eye (a happy tear, of course!). There's nothing like transporting yourself to another place & time on a snowy (or in my case, foggy) evening.
This is a definite "must read". It's about an share-cropper (a modern day slave), and his physical, emotional & spiritual journey. He ends up in Ft. Worth (another reason I love this book!), where he meets his very own, personal angel. It's a true story, and I promise that you will LOVE it!
It looks like a Children's book, but really...it's not. It's a classic, and is full of Christmas truths. This is one I can read again and again...oh wait...I have!
This one is a Children's book, but it's so sweet that I just had to include it. The pictures are beautiful, and the story is precious. If you're a military family, like we are, I guarantee that you won't be able to get through this one without shedding at least one tear of gratitude :)
Another great Children's book. Can you tell I worked w/ kids for a LONG time?? If you've never read this book, you're missing out. It's such a good story about how we, sometimes, are the best "vessels" of Christ by just being ourselves, and recognizing the blessings that we have to offer.
Such a good "feel good" book. It's about a little girl who is searching for the mother that her heart longs for, and the wonderful women that she meets along the way. I can't wait to see the movie, too!
And, last but not least...this is the true story about a professor dying from Lou Gehrig's disease who shares his wisdom with his former student, the author, Mitch Albom. It's sad, and sweet, and a wonderful tribute to a great man.
Happy Reading and, as always, I'd love to hear about some of your favorite books!







1 comments:
The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. It is a must read! It changed my life. Thanks for sharing your reading list!
Post a Comment