Valentine's Day Wreath

I absolutely LOVE the blog, "Living with Lindsey". She does this thing called "Teach Me Tuesday" where she browses the blog-o-sphere and finds fun crafts to teach her readers. Awhile back I found this super cute Valentines Day Wreath, and I thought I'd give it a try. I spent about $7 on it, all said and done, and I think it was worth it!! The original wreath creator has much better pictures than I do, but I thought I'd show you how I did it so that you can see how truly easy it was :) Who knows...maybe you'll try it out too!!

You will need:
Scrap Fabric (cut into 2x2 in squares)
Elmers Glue
1 Foam Heart (you can find it online or at JoAnns)
A pencil
A ribbon to hang your wreath with

Start w/ some fabric scraps...
Place the fabric on the pointy end of the pencil, and dip lightly in Elmer's Glue
**Make sure it's the pointy end...I'm speaking from experience here!! Heehee!**
Press the pencil & fabric into the foam heart and hold for about 2 seconds. Repeat about a million times, making sure that you get the fabric pretty close together.
I stapled my ribbon to the back of my wreath, and then tacked it to the top of my front door. I think it looks pretty good for $7, & it only took about 2 hours to complete!!
Happy Crafting!!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

SUPER CUTE! Look at you getting all crafty with the supplies at your fingertips in the good ole USA!!!

Taylor said...

I follow her blog too and totally plan to make this very thing! Yours turned out way cute!!! :)

the watson family said...

Wow! You're so crafty and cute, Amy!

Jen McD said...

LOVES IT! I've got to get to the fabric store this weekend. Now if I could find two hours of time... WAIT! That's two movies back to back. My kids will love me!

Team Downing said...

The craft project is so you...great job!

Team Downing said...

Love the idea! I don't know if I would have the stamina to keep going....that's a lot!