**Warning!! Do not read if you're offended by stories of baby poop! :)**
Elli and I took a little trip to Tupelo today to gorge ourselves on craft supplies at Hobby Lobby. Oh how I wish I didn't have to drive an hour away every time a new project presents itself...though I think Chris is secretly pleased with our "middle of nowhere" location! And I totally wish I could share with you what my new project is, but it's a present for a dear friend and I don't want to ruin the surprise. (Have I told you how horrible I am w/ surprises??!!) I'll post pics just as soon as she gets it though 'cause I think it turned out pretty darn cute :)
Anyway, back to my story! After our quick jaunt to Hobby Lobby, I decided to take Elli to the mall so that I could read & play w/ her in the children's area at Barnes & Noble. Does that totally make me a geek? After writing that, I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone taking their child to play at Barnes & Noble. Oh well, what can I say? I like books :) Our B&N escapades made us hungry, and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to eat some Chick-fil-a, so off we went to the food court. I got a high chair for E (yep, she's graduated to a high chair now!), but when I grabbed her out of her stroller I noticed that her pants were a little wet. She didn't stink, and I had already made her bottle, so I figured I'd put down a blanket in the high chair, we'd eat really fast, and then we'd head to the B&N bathroom (b/c it's super clean!) afterwards. And let me just preface this by saying that Chris and I had just talked, the other day, about how Elli had never had a "blow out" before, and how lucky we were for that! Note to self: NEVER, EVER talk about what great things your baby HASN'T done yet...you're just asking for a disaster!! Anyway, by the time she had finished her bottle and her baby food, I was starting to notice a stench coming from her direction. I quickly put her back in her stroller with her blanket under her (just in case) and took off for the bathroom. Mid-mall I started wondering what I had done w/ the extra set of clothes that I always have in the bottom of my diaper bag. I vaguely remembered telling Chris to dress her the other day, and finding the diaper bag open next to her changing table. Panic!! So I look...serious panic!! There is no extra outfit, and she's really starting to stink now...and she has on a onesie underneath her pants...and am I going to be THAT mom who is rolling her baby around in her stroller w/ just a diaper on?!? And then I notice that I've stopped to panic right in front of Baby Gap! It was fate I tell you!!
So, I bought Elli a super cute bubble outfit (on sale, mind you!), and continued my run/walk down the middle of the mall to the B&N bathroom. And let me just tell you, it was the mother of all blow-outs!! I had to laugh, I just HAD to...or I'd cry! Somehow, my precious daughter had managed to poop all over her leg/tummy/feet/clothes and NOT in her diaper. How does that even happen? On top of it all, I had exactly 3 wipes in the wipe case. Eek!! Luckily the little baby changing station was stocked w/ napkins (thank you Lord!), and Elli just had to suffer through a sandpaper-y wipe down before I did the final clean-up w/ her regular wipes. Just go ahead and nominate me for the Mother of the Year!! Teehee!! I have to admit though, after all of that, she did look pretty cute in her new outfit :)



4 comments:
Maybe this was just Elli's way of getting that cute new outfit...hey, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do!
Oh, and my sister takes her boys to read & play at B&N too...totally normal(ish) :)
Ahhhh so sorry Amy! Good thing you could laugh about it.
We go to B&N a lot with John just to let him play at the train table and read books. I get a starbucks and sit with him. It is enjoyable for both of us!!
This cracks me up! Welcome to my world; Emme is queen of the blowouts! At least once or twice a week. We have this outfit in a dress, so maybe we can coordinate our babies if you come in town anytime soon?? Maybe, maybe, hope, hope?!
I can picture the whole story in my head. You sound like a super mom to me!
Post a Comment