Miss E has been in our lives for 10 months now, and I am absolutely head over heels for her! She is learning so many things these days, and it seems that she has a new "trick" at every turn. Each stage of her short life has been incredible, just like everyone said it would be, and she amazes me each and every day.
We're just about done with baby food, but be watching for a post on that in the next few days. I need some serious help w/ meal ideas! We haven't really found anything that Elli doesn't like, though she definitely has her preferences. Her favorites include sweet potatoes (just like her Mama!), cheese, applesauce and green beans...and she did really well with pasta the other night too! She's still drinking about 20-24 oz of formula a day, and we started incorporating apple juice into her sippy of water last month (she's a big fan!).
She's been teething for the past 2 weeks as well, and I'm proud to say that our Elli Girl is no longer a toothless beauty!! She has ONE bright and shiny chomper in her grin now :) So cute!! And besides her nose being super runny, we haven't experienced any of the typical difficult teething problems. I'm excited that the first little guy finally decided to show up b/c introducing solids is quite difficult with a poor girl who doesn't have anything to chew with!!
She's still in size 3 diapers, and is wearing size 12 month clothes almost exclusively now. She weighed 21.5 lbs at her 9 month appt., and I'm pretty sure that she hasn't gained too much since then. If anything, her little leg roll-y's seem to be getting a little thinner (much to my disappointment!). We're not big on shoes around here, so I don't even know what size she's wearing yet. If she's not bare-foot (have I mentioned how HOT it is?!), she's in her socks. Is that terrible?!
Now that Miss Priss has learned to crawl, she is LOVING her new found freedom! When something catches her eye, she's quick to go exploring. She loves to play "chase", and laughs hysterically when you catch her. She's learned the words "no touch", and knows by the sound of my voice when she's gotten into something that she shouldn't be in...and 9 times out of 10 she'll put whatever it is down and move on to something else. She can entertain herself with her toys for longer periods of time now, and delights in talking to herself in the mirror. I love to hear her sweet little voice, it is such a precious sound! She likes to have her back rubbed at night, loves "Goodnight Moon", and has about a million tickle spots :) Soft, fuzzy things (like minky fabric) on her face makes her happy, and I sometimes find her rubbing her cheeks against her big stuffed animals when she gets sleepy.
Though she's not "cruising" around the furniture yet, she can pull herself up to standing, and will take steps while holding onto my hands. And the other day, thanks to my daily email from Productive Parenting, I had her hold onto a laundry basket while I slid it across the floor to see if she would walk w/ it...and she did!! Not only that, but when I let go, she pushed it and walked on her own! And she's doing this funny thing now where she walks like a crab...not sure if she's trying to stand up by herself, or what, but it sure is funny to watch!
These past 10 months have brought so much joy to both Chris and I. With Elli's first birthday coming up, I can't help but reminisce about all of the milestones & special moments that we've shared as a family this year. Those sweet little hands, those tiny little feet, and that precious little face have embedded themselves into our hearts...and we are better because of it.
Happy 10 month birthday, sweet child. You are so very loved.


2 comments:
Happy 10 months Elli. You are getting to be such a big girl.
Amy, on the shoe front I've been told they you shouldn't use them until kids are walking well and then only when they are outside until they are older. You can look it up, but I think it was something about how wearing shoes makes it harder for them to learn to walk at first. Audrey never wears socks and has only worn shoes once because we were picnicing in the forest and she wanted to stand instead of being held. (Holding on to us, obviously.) It is hot here too so there really is no reason to wear shoes. Some days it is so warm that she may just be wearing a diaper if we are at home...
Ditto to what Theresa said about the shoes. She doesn't need them unless she's on her feet outside. Even then, just thin, flexible shoes. My favorites are pedipeds. Even once she's walking well, all of the soles should be able to bend all the way at the forefoot.
Post a Comment