I know I say this every month, but Holy Cow where is the time going?! Can it have really been 5 months since that sweet baby girl came into our lives? That's almost half of a year...what?! I mean, of course I want her to continue to thrive & grow, but can we do it a little bit slower please?! Next thing I know she'll be crawling around telling me that she needs chocolate (I assume this will be what she says since she is my daughter, after all!). I'm not sure I'm ready for that!
What has she been up to these days? Well, let's see...she hams it up for the camera on a pretty regular basis (as shown in these pics!), continues to roll over both ways, is sitting up on her own, LOVES her new bouncer, squeals with laughter when she's happy, jabbers away with me while I'm cooking dinner, and has an affinity for things that go on her head. Oh wait, that last one might have been mine :) We're continuing to hold off on Rice Cereal b/c, well...girlfriend is definitely not hurting in the weight department and I still just don't think she's ready. And we are looking for a new way to give her baths. She's outgrown her small tub, but she can't really sit up well enough (for a long enough period of time) for us to move to the big tub. If you saw our bathroom, you'd understand...it's a parent's bath-giving nightmare!! Our kitchen sink is divided, and both sections are pretty small so that's out. I did see a pretty cool thing that fits in the kitchen sink the other day, but I'm not sure I want to spend over $50 for it. Any of your mommies out there have any other ideas?
Let's see, what else? She wears size 3-6 mo. clothes, but 6-9mo. sleepers (her poor little feet get all squished in the smaller ones!). Her hair is really starting to grow in, and I think it gets more and more strawberry blonde each day. She reaches for me to pick her up when I'm done changing her diaper, and she still sports a smile every morning when I go in to wake her up. She's doing great with sleeping as well. Most nights she'll sleep from 10 (when I give her a "dream-feed") to 7:30/8ish, but if she does wake up, it's only once at around 4AM. If that happens, she just takes a bottle and goes right back to sleep. She takes 3 naps a day, and they last about 1-1.5 hours. She still isn't really a cryer...now she has more of a shriek to get our attention and then she's done. She loves books just like her mommy, and she loves doing "Super Elli" with her daddy as he flies her around the room. Every time she laughs she gives herself the hiccups, and she is just about the most endearing thing I have ever seen. I don't know how it's possible, but I love her more every single day.
Elli wearing a sweet little jumper that my friend, Sam, knitted for her. Yes, I said knitted! This super cute outfit is totally handmade...oh, and it has bloomers too!! You should see the whole thing in person...it's simply too precious for words!
This cute-ums hat was a Valentines gift from GG & Grandaddy. Isn't it just devine?! Oh, how I love it...and Elli does too :)



6 comments:
I had a seat that you could put in the bath tub and it had a rail all the way around it, but again that was almost 9 years ago. You might see if you can find something like that at Target or Walmart.
What a cutie pie girl!
Our tub isn't like the worst for giving baths, but what we did for Saw when he was her age was buy a sponge like this http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3618616
and put it in the tub, fill the water up and let Sawyer kick to his hearts content! The sponge stays warm with bath water, so he wouldn't get cold and Sawyer loved the "freedom" to kick and splash aroun. This was great, too, for when he was sitting up so he wouldn't slip around the tub.
Some friends got like a seat thing for the tub, but I'm cheap. :)
Amy I have a seat thing for the bathtub that works great if she can sit up on her own. I could let you borrow and see if you like it. Let me know :) BTW--She is sooooo cute!!! I LOVE the outfit your friend made. I want one :)
Amy, Syd moved to a seat in the bathtub about the time of Juniper Stallion - so June - so Syd was about 8 months old. I thought it worked really well. If she isn't sitting up really well on her own it won't be as great right now but should still work b/c she should be able to be stable in it - you can't slide out. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Tubside-Bath-Seat/7977227
Those pictures are so cute!
My hands down favorite photo of Miss Elli is her wearing the read V-Day dress. Her blue eyes just look amazing. She is so precious.
Post a Comment