Show Us Your Life...Valentine's Edition!!

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Well, it's Friday and everyone knows what that means!! Or, maybe you don't...hmmm, probably should have thought of a different opener! Anyway, it's "Show Us Your Life" day at Kelly's Korner, and today is all about your favorite Valentine's Day date or gift!!

Many of you may know this, but Valentine's Day marks the 14th Anniversary of my first date w/ my husband. Now I'd be lying if I said that the past 14 years have been smooth sailing! Wait, that sounded bad...let me start over. Fourteen years ago I was a freshman in High School and my hubs was a sophomore (he was the studly older guy!). Like *most* high-school relationships, we broke up & got back together about a bazillion times. We FINALLY got it together after college, and realized how much we truly loved each other, and decided to get married in 2006. But let's rewind back to that first date...let me set the scene...

I spent what seemed like forever getting "primped" for my very first date...ever! Oh the amount of hairspray I used was a sin! I remember meticulously looking through my closet for the perfect outfit, and you know what I chose? Jeans, a Nautica polo shirt, a braided brown leather belt, and loafers! Eek!! I cringe just thinking about it! Chris picked me up at my moms house donning flowers and a HUGE card. He was wearing pleated khaki pants, a button-up shirt, and lots 'o hair gel...I thought he was simply dreamy! We went to eat at On The Border & to see Mr. Holland's Opus...ummm, hello 90's!!

That date 14 years ago, with that super cute sophomore, is (and always will be) my favorite Valentine's Day ever. I still have the cheesy card, and the dried flowers from the bouquet that he brought me. Why? Because the moment I opened my front door, I knew that I loved that khaki pant wearing guy standing on my porch. Something in me changed, something ignited...as corny as that may sound. We were a FAR cry from the perfect couple back then, believe me! But still, through the many years of ups and downs, the way I felt about him never changed. He captured my heart that night, and he's held it ever since. I'm so happy to call him my husband, and my forever Valentine.

I thought I'd give you all a little blast from the past...hope you enjoy the pictures :)

Valentine's Day 2005
4 Days after Valentine's Day 2006

Valentine's Day 2008...in Vegas!!

3 comments:

J.E.L said...

That's very sweet Amy and funny.

Wendy said...

Okay so best visual image ever! I had loafers and a braided leather belt too! And by the way we ate together on that Valentine's day in 2008. It was the day I landed in Vegas and we went to get the buffet - remember! That picture of you guys wasn't there though...but just thought I would say I spent a Valentine's evening with you! :)

emily said...

What a sweet story!

Happy anniversary (and your wedding photo is beautiful)!!


emily