I Can Actually Sew!


After quite the hiatus from my trusty Singer, Gayle gave me the confidence to try it out once again. I think the reason that I stopped 5 months ago was because the dress I was trying to make was taking forever! Well, that and the fact that I have a baby who takes up roughly 98% of my day :) I just needed a little refresher, some encouragement, and an inspiring project.

I've always loved pillowcase dresses, but every time I go to buy one I can never justify spending $30 for one. I always tell myself "you can MAKE that, why buy it?"...but, we all know how quickly I was on that one! So anyway, I thought a pillowcase dress would be fitting for my first "clothes project" for Elli. Plus, they're SUPER easy to make, especially if you have a cute pillowcase...which I did not. Ha!

So, here is my newest creation. It's not perfect by any means, but I think it turned out really well for my first try. I love the fabric, it's so girly and cute...and I think that Elli looks just precious in it. I can see her wearing it a lot this summer!
I didn't even pin it!! I hate pinning!
Not the most accurate of measurements, but oh well!

The finished product!
And I had to make a matching bow, of course!!
I wanted to get a good pic of Elli standing up in it to show how long it is. The great thing about these dresses is that little girls can wear them forever!! When they grow a little taller, they can put leggings under it, and when it gets super short they could even wear it as a cute summer shirt!

3 comments:

Jennjilla said...

Great job! It's adorable! I love pillowcase dresses, so easy and so comfy for baby! :)

David and Kate said...

i love it! Can you make boys clothes too ??? :)

Team Downing said...

Okay, if I have a girl, you have to make one. It would be so great to an Amy original!