Thanks to all of your wonderful suggestions/ideas/advice, Elli is now eating lots of "big girl" food! We've switched to the Nuby Easy Gripper, and she's drinking almost all of her formula from it instead of a bottle. It was such an easy transition, and I never would have tried it if it hadn't been for the suggestions I got from you guys! I just love blog-land!! And, I think I'm slowly starting to get over my paranoid-mama issue, and have given her broccoli, green beans, chicken, strawberries, rice, and zucchini in little bites instead of in a mushed up mess :)
!This past weekend was one of learning for Miss E! She's now cruising around the furniture, and is starting to climb as well. She can stand on her own pretty well, but I have a feeling that it will only take a few days to completely master that new trick! Elli's GG got her the Vtech Alphabet Train while she was here, and it's a BIG hit!! She has the most fun dumping out all the letters...which is not so fun for mommy :) And she's mimicking absolutely everything. Though the words aren't forming perfectly, she certainly seems to be carrying on a conversation with us. She's discovered that she really likes bubbles (the first few times we played with them, she wasn't a fan!), and wants to be outside whenever possible. And oh-my-gosh, she LOVES animals!! Chris has now decided that we'll be getting a puppy for Christmas, if not before! Yay!!
The fam (minus me)
This is Elli in my latest creation...her hooded bath towel :) She's such a ham!
Our sweet little baby girl is getting bigger, and the evidence is all around us. It's so exciting, yet something in me longs for her to stay little forever. You know what I mean?


5 comments:
Elli is adorable! I am in love with her hooded towel!!
Yay for the sippy cup! Audrey doesn't trust bottles one bit, but she likes the Nuby sippy cup too. When Audrey started cruising I got really paranoid because I kept worrying she would fall over, but she got good at catching herself really fast. I'm just glad she's not climbing yet, I'm sure Elli is keeping you busy with that one. I totally know what you mean about wanting them to stay little forever. It seems like, all of a sudden, they are going from being babies to being little girls...
Is her hair red? It looks so pretty!
Girl it is fun when the kids are young but let me tell you it just gets better as they get older. John is so much fun now... so don't be too sad about the changes. They are all for the better!
I know how you feel Amy! I will have to try this Nuby sippy cup you speak of. I am so anxious to get Emme to drink from a cup. It is harder because she hasn't had all of the practice of holding bottles so really hope she is able to do this by herself at age 1! But again...will be sad when this happens too.
I love the hooded towel too!
Kate, I was wondering the same thing. Here hair does look a little more red than I remember from other pictures.
Post a Comment