Happy 6 Month Birthday Elliana!!


Time flies when you're having fun, right?! Well it sure seems to be speeding by us quicker than ever lately, so we must be having a blast :) Elli turned 6 months old today, and I can hardly believe it. Chris got to go in to work a little later this morning (7:45!!), so he was able to sing to her with me. Yes, I sing "Happy Birthday" to her every month...have I told y'all how much I love birthdays?!?! She was so cute this morning, too. When she saw her daddy looking down at her, she just lit up. I love that she already has such a close bond with him, it warms my heart to see them together.

She's doing wonderfully with her cereal. Oh, that reminds me that I haven't posted pics of that yet! They're priceless! Babies w/ food all over their faces are simply the cutest...hmmm, wonder why that doesn't work for adults? Ha! Anyway, she eats cereal in the morning & right before bed, & she absolutely loves it. I think she just needed a little more time to be really ready for it. And she's sleeping through the night, too. No more waking up at 4am!! WooHoo!! She's super curious about everything. If she can reach it, she'll grab it. It's really cute right now, I'm wondering if I'll be thinking the same thing in a few months! She jabbers all the time, too. Mostly when she's eating, oddly enough. She reaches for both of us, sits up on her own, and can stand for about 2-3 min. if holding on to something or if we're holding her hands. Her favorite toy is this heart-thing...Chris calls it the "Crazy Octopus Heart-Shaped Guy". It's brightly colored, and has all these tabs coming out of it that make noise and feel funny. She LOVES it! She now sleeps with a "lovey", and she's still the most snuggly baby I've ever been around.

We have her 6 month "well baby" visit this Friday, and I'm anxious to find out her stats! I'm pretty sure she still weighs a little under 16 lbs, but I think she's grown a lot taller in the last month or two. We'll see :)

In 6 short months, this sweet little girl has brought more joy and happiness to my life than I could have ever imagined. She makes me want to be better...a better servant of the Lord, a better wife, mother, sister, friend. I want to set a good example for her, to protect her, to nurture her curiosity & voice, to help her explore her gifts, and to ultimately provide a solid foundation for her so that one day she can fly out into the world on her own knowing that she will always have a family who loves & supports her no matter what she chooses to do.
Happy 6 month birthday, precious one. I love you.

Hi friends!!
Sweet Smile
And....I'm done :)

4 comments:

J.E.L said...

So sweet Amy. I think she is such a doll baby. I can't wait till we can get all the wee ones together sometime. Can't believe she's already 1/2 year!

Adriane and Bryan said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Elli!!! Amy, I've always thought she looked like Chris, but she's definitely starting to look a lot like you...especially in the last few pictures you've posted. She's just gorgeous!!!!

Erin Benton said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Elli! Time is really flying by! What a wonderful half year it as been.

Jennjilla said...

Happy 1/2 birthday sweet girl!!