Ever done a Recipe Hop? Me neither! But, I thought it would be fun to browse some blogs...and we'll get some great recipes out of it too :) Hop on over HERE and see how to participate. You'll be entered to win a fun prize as well, as if all the delicious recipes weren't enough! So, on to one of my most favorite "go to" recipes (it tastes so good, you'll never believe that it's pretty good for you, too!)...
Chicken Tortilla Soup
You'll need:
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 cups Cooked & Shredded Chicken
1 cup Chopped Onion
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1 Tbsp Seeded and Chopped Jalapenos
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder (I sometimes use more)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 box of Low Sodium Chicken Broth (or 2x 14 1/4 oz cans)
1 cup Frozen Kernel Corn
1 can 98% Fat Free Condensed Tomato Soup
1/4 cup Dry White Wine (or one can of water)
1 can of Rotel (I use medium or hot)
Tortilla Chips & Shredded Cheese for garnish
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or a dutch oven. Add onion & garlic and saute for 2 min (or until soft). Add chicken, and then stir in all other ingredients. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for about 45 minutes.
Fill bowls w/ tortilla chips and ladle the hot soup on top. Garnish w/ cheese and enjoy!!



2 comments:
I love chicken tortilla soup. This one is a little different than mine. I will have to try it out! THanks for posting!
this sounds great! I'm always looking for more soups for the winters up here... which in my opinion last way to long.
Post a Comment