I haven't done a "Show Us Your Life" in awhile, and I thought this was a great topic to jump back in on! I'm sure I've told most of you this story (I might have even blogged about it!), but I LOVE the way that I found/chose Elliana's name. So, if you've heard this one before...well, you might want to skip on down to the Boy Name part :)
Let me set the stage: I was totally depressed, and drowning my sorrows in a caramel frappacino @ Barnes & Noble. Chris and I were having issues getting pregnant, I was very unhappy with my OB, and it seemed that every single friend I had was already a mommy, or was expecting their first baby. I was in a sad place; a place that too many women seem to find themselves in! I don't know why I thought that surrounding myself with Baby Name books was going to make me feel better, but there I was...completely up to my eyeballs in just that. A few days earlier, a dear fried of mine had prayed with me about letting go of my NEED to get pregnant, and for the strength to trust God's plan. I was desperately clinging to her words, but still hoping that God's will, and my hearts desire, would someday be one and the same. So there I was, flipping through books and searching for that perfect name. The first book that I picked up just randomly opened to the "E's". And there it was, at the top of the page, the very first name that I saw...
ELLIANA : God Has Answered, or God's Answer
And I just knew. It was as easy as that. If we had a girl, her name would be Elliana. A few people weren't too thrilled with it at first, and some (Chris) thought it sounded too Italian/Spanish & fancy for a daughter of a Chris & an Amy. But in my heart, I knew it was perfect for our future daughter. And about a year later, our very own Elliana Grace was born!!
If we have another little girl, I really like the names: Kate, Caitlyn, Avery, or Claire, and I her middle name will be the same as mine...Danielle.
As far as boy names, Chris is as 4th generation "James" (James Christian), so if we ever have a little boy I think James will definitely make an appearance in his name somewhere, we just haven't decided on whether it will be the first or the middle. I LOVE the name Caden (Cade for short), and Jackson.
What do y'all think? Any unique favorites out there? A good friend of mine named her sweet little girl, Emmeline (Emme) Hart and I just LOVE how unique and pretty that is.



6 comments:
My eyeballs almost popped out of my head at the end of your post. Emmaline is my girl choice if I'm pregnant with a little girl right now.
I so understand about crying your eyes out and hoping that the Lord's will coincides with your heart's desire. We had such a hard, difficult road to get pregnant this time. We lost babies and then couldn't get pregnant for two years. Every single person I know (it felt like) was getting pregnant and several by "accident." There were times when I couldn't go to the hospital to meet new babies or attend baby showers because I just wasn't strong enough. Thankfully, the Lord answered our prayers and we're almost (one day shy) of being 13 weeks pregnant.
Congrats, Natalie!! I'm so excited to hear that your news :) And I love the name Emmaline...it's just beautiful!
Oh Amy that is so great that if you have another girl you will name her after me!!! :) Just Kidding!! :)
We obviously like very tradition, short, strong names for boys. I think it will serve them well as they become men. Plus, with a last name like ours you can't get too creative with the first name :)
Amy, I love this...despite not knowing if Jared and I will welcome children into the world, the one thing I've always loved is baby names. I've got a laundry list of names in my head (and on my computer!!) if the day ever does come and I LOVE the way you found Elli's name. I'm all about unique names, perhaps due to growing up as one of 100 Jessica's in a class :)
Also, just wanted to thank you for posting these show us your life entries. I've been on the website and I love them. Maybe they'll inspire me to start keeping up with my own blog!
Aw Amy! Thanks for giving Emme a "shout out" on your blog! I love her name too. And I did not know your story about how you picked the name Elliana, how special. I love that are babies names coordinate - Elli and Emme. I can't wait for them to meet. I think they will be besties at first sight.
Post a Comment