Thank Goodness for Saturdays

Chris's schedule has officially gone back to being really, really crappy. He started his 12 hr days again 2 weeks ago, and I gotta say, I really didn't miss those guys! I guess if it was JUST the 12 hr days it wouldn't be so bad...but the studying for at least 3 hrs when he gets home afterwards makes it even worse. I always try to look at the bright side of things (emphasis on TRY), and I hate to be a downer about stuff, but sometimes it's just hard to find the good amidst the, uhhh, not so good. It makes me sad that he only gets to see Elli for 30-45 min a day, and that our time together consists of speeding through dinner & going to bed at 9. Yuck! Not fun! I thought, after the craziness of England, that there was NO WAY that his schedule could get worse, or that we'd spend LESS time together. Umm, I'm beginning to think that I was wrong.

But I still vividly remember how much I missed him when he was deployed, and I'm so thankful that we're not having to deal w/ that at all during Elli's first year. And I know how important it is for him to do well in this Phase of pilot training, and doing well takes hard work. I fully understand that. And I'm grateful for the spouse's that I've met here in Columbus...they are some of the most selfless women I've ever known. So, though it's tough sometimes (okay, a LOT of the time!), I'm trying to focus on the positive.

Saturdays are our respite, our family day, our "us" time. And I LOVE them, I treasure them, and I long for them by the time Friday rolls around. The rest of the week can be a crazy, hectic mess, but give this girl a Saturday and she'll be happy! Oh how I wish there was more than just one per week!

0 comments: