My mom wrote me an email the other day about cherishing every single second of Elli's life because the weeks/months/years will only fly by faster the older we get. I cried as I read it. I cried as I responded too, as I wrote that I've noticed that the little dimples in Elli's hands have already started to fade. Part of it is because I'm even more emotional now that I'm a mom than I ever was before (hard to imagine, I know!), but the other part is because I truly do treasure every moment and I STILL feel like time is slipping through my fingers.
I didn't know how much I would love being a mother. I had no idea how much joy I would get out of hearing my daughters laugh, or watching her learn and experience new things. Her triumphs are my triumphs, and it's unlike anything I've ever known before. On my very first Mother's Day, I find myself looking forward to who she will be when she's older. I pray that Chris and I set a good example for her of a loving partnership, that we instill in her a deep desire to love and to have a relationship with the Lord, and that she always remembers to whom she belongs.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you mommy's out there, for I know that you all must feel a lot like I do on this very special day!! May you all know that you're appreciated & loved by your precious children (and your spouse! heehee!!).
I'll sign off with a line from the sweet Mother's Day card that my mom sent to me. It touched my heart so deeply, I just know that you'll love it too!
"Being a mother means knowing that whatever else you did or didn't do, you gave the world something beautiful".



2 comments:
happy mothers day to you! your little one and my {third} little one have the same birthdate. Sept. is a good month for babies : )
enjoy everymoment of motherhood, even the not so great ones. those are the ones that make the fantastic ones even better.
Okay...you made me cry...thanks!
Post a Comment