Who Knew?!

Miss E and I are heading back to Texas tomorrow for a brief visit, and to attend my older brother's wedding. In case you didn't know, I LOVE weddings!! Big, small, outdoors or in, I just love them. This will be E's first experience at one...don't worry, I've packed plenty of non-noisemaking toys!

Speaking of packing, holy moly that girl requires a lot of stuff!! Though, I have to admit, I might have overdone it just a little bit. My convo w/ the hubs last night went a little something like this...

Him: Hon, why do you have 10 baby bowls in your suitcase?
Me: So E can eat, why else?
Him: Yes, but why 10?
Me: Well, one for each time she eats her oatmeal.
Him: Hon, don't our parents have dishwashers?
Me: Oh.
Him: Silence, followed by a kiss on my forehead.

I'm just going to skip over the patronizing look, and go straight to thinking that he just loves me so much that he couldn't resist giving me a sweet kiss :) After our brief chat I began to think that 10 bowls might be a tad too many (considering she only eats oatmeal 1x day), and that I probably don't need to pack every single bottle & baby spoon that we have in the house....just for starters. And her bows alone take up an entire bag! Now I'm just exaggerating...or am I??!! Ha! But the things that she really does need DO start to add up. With the stroller, the diaper bag, her suitcase, her toys, & her bottles and food, I barely have room to drive. **Insert my plea for the Volvo XC-90 here!!!** Who knew babies would such space-hogs?! Gone are the days of a 1 backpack per person! Wait, who am I kidding? I was never like that. I guess my Little Miss takes after her Mama!!

4 comments:

Adriane and Bryan said...

Just wait until you start traveling with her and staying in hotels...that includes a LOT more. And I totally understand where you're coming from! After the first trip with Drew, we realized we only needed bottles/feeding supplies for one day...we just washed everything each evening so it would be fresh for the next day. And sometimes we even buy our diapers when we get to the location since those take up a ton of space too. Good luck!

David and Kate said...

Okay Amy that is SO funny that her bows take up a whole bag :)

Wendy said...

You are so funny! And you are right...Chris gave you that kiss b/c you are so sweet! Have fun in Texas!

Team Downing said...

10 bowls...I think I would have done a lot more.